Teaching children healthy habits at a young age is very important. There are many lifelong benefits for children who develop healthy habits when they are young. When they are taught healthy habits when they are young, they will most likely carry the habits into adulthood. Here are some helpful tips to help your children develop those healthy habits.
- Be a good role model
- Keep things positive
- Get the whole family moving
- Be realistic
- Limit TV, video game and computer time
- Encourage physical activities that they’ll enjoy
- Pick truly rewarding rewards
- Make dinnertime family time
- Make a game of reading food labels
- Stay involved
Click here to learn more about how to teach you kids healthy habits.