When you are sick or injured, waiting several days to see a doctor can be too long. Yet, there are many times when your symptoms do not warrant a visit to the emergency room, but they are severe enough to make you miserable. Urgent care clinics help to bridge this gap by treating many common ailments, such as sprained ankles and strep throat, that are simply too important to wait. In addition to these services, you can enjoy the following benefits offered by urgent care centers in your area.
We all have those nights were it seems almost impossible to fall asleep, no matter how tired we are. Sleep is very important. The right amount of sleep can keep us healthy and feeling good throughout the day. If you haven’t been in a good mood lately it may be because of the lack of sleep you’ve been getting. Here are some steps to take for better sleep.
- Stick to a sleep schedule
- Pay attention to what you eat and drink
- Create a bedtime ritual
- Get comfortable
- Limit daytime naps
- Include physical activity in your daily routine
- Manage stress
Click here to learn more about these steps to better sleep.
Heart disease is something that doctors are still trying to fully figure out. They do know of some causes and how to help prevent it, but there is still so much to learn. Like most diseases there are some false facts about it that people believe. Here are 5 false facts of heart disease in women.
- Women don’t get heart disease
- If your HDL (good cholesterol) numbers are high, you don’t have to worry about your LDL (bad cholesterol) numbers
- Alcohol prevents heart disease
- Warning signs for a heart attack are the same for men and women
- Taking regular walks isn’t enough exercise to improve your health
Click here to read the full article by Nieca Goldberg M.D., on Psychology Today.
Unfortunately, something can happen to anyone at anytime. A lot of people forget about this, so when something does happen there isn’t a plan. It’s important to have a health crisis plan put together, so if something does happen you are prepared. Here are some tips to help you prepare a health crisis plan.