Physicians who work in the emergency room, see all kinds of crazy stuff. The things they see could be painful injuries for adults and kids, and they can also see health emergencies such as: a heart attack or stroke. Because emergency room physicians see all types of injuries, they know how to how to prevent them. Here are 8 things ER doctors refuse to keep in their home to prevent injuries.
Heart disease is something that doctors are still trying to fully figure out. They do know of some causes and how to help prevent it, but there is still so much to learn. Like most diseases there are some false facts about it that people believe. Here are 5 false facts of heart disease in women.
- Women don’t get heart disease
- If your HDL (good cholesterol) numbers are high, you don’t have to worry about your LDL (bad cholesterol) numbers
- Alcohol prevents heart disease
- Warning signs for a heart attack are the same for men and women
- Taking regular walks isn’t enough exercise to improve your health
Click here to read the full article by Nieca Goldberg M.D., on Psychology Today.